Over the past two decades there has been a global shift towards healthy and holistic living. This applies to increasing exercise, eating healthier foods and gravitating towards healthier options when it comes to skin care. Today, you can purchase many skin care products that contain botanicals which are much healthier for your skin than products that are riddled with chemicals and fillers. Plants and herbs contain incredible healing properties and you will soon notice the difference when you switch to botanical based skin care products.
Botanicals for Skin Disorders
Chamomile has been known for its healing and soothing properties for many years. We use chamomile lotion to soothe the itching for kids with chickenpox and a nice cup of chamomile tea works wonders when you are feeling a little uptight. Now, you can use chamomile based skin care products to minimize scarring and reduce the harmful effects of sunburn. Look for skin care products that contain chamomile, lavender flower extract, pomegranate seed if you have wounds that need healing. Chamomile combines wonderfully with ginger, Spanish sage, rose geranium and lavender to bring about relief for conditions such as:
This is much better for your skin than chemical compounds which actually do more damage than good, especially if used on a long term basis.
Dry and Irritated Skin
If your skin is dry and irritated then you need products that contain all of:
- Schisandra Sphenanthera
- Rhatany Root
- Soy Germ Extract
Combining these products will help you to remove excess oil, calm and soothe your skin and they help to reduce inflammation of the skin. As these ingredients are natural, they will be gentle on your skin unlike some of the harsh compounds that can be found in certain skin care products.
None of us like wrinkles as they make us look older than we are. While the gurus tell us to stay out of the sun, which is not always practical. If you live in an area with a hot climate you need to take extra special care of your skin. Rather treat your wrinkles naturally for long lasting and safe results. The following ingredients will help you to stay wrinkle free:
- Lavender will keep your skin tight.
- Amaranth is ideal for increasing the elasticity of your skin.
- Soy germ is used to repair epidermal damage.
- Pomegranate is great for retarding the breakdown of collagen.
These ingredients will help you to maintain ideal skin tone:
- Rose geranium oil works wonders to even skin tone.
- Rosemary and lavender work in tandem to regenerate your skin tissue and cells.
- Rosehip, millet seed, soy germ extract and chamomile work together to reduce wrinkles. Millet seed also helps to make your skin tighter.
Everyone wants to look younger and using botanicals is a great way to facilitate this process. There are a number of botanicals that you can use to keep premature aging at bay:
- Free radicals are the # 1 reason for premature aging and you should use Argan Oil to counter the effects of free radicals.
- Rosemary, Spanish sage, amaranth and pomegranate seed combine nicely to reverse the aging process and fighting against oxidative damage to your skin.
- Soy germ extract helps create fuller lips and helps to improve suppleness.
- Rhatany root reduces oxidative stress and minimizes the damage from harmful UV rays.
- Chamomile, rose geranium, rosehip and millet seed are the “go to” botanicals for skin cell regeneration.
All of the above botanicals are natural and therefore safe. They will not harm your skin and serve only to help you look younger, radiant and healthy. When you next buy your skin care products, look for products that contain botanicals, you won’t be sorry.