10 Steps to Looking More Vibrant Instantly
We all know what it feels like to put on a brave face in the morning when in reality you actually would like to be sleeping for the next 48 hours. Sadly this is not always possible and you will need to look and feel your best for that deal-making meeting at 9am. Thankfully, there are some quick and easy steps that you can take to shake off the cobwebs and get yourself looking like you could conquer the world. Try these easy steps the next time you feel like a bus has run over you.
- Ever heard of the song “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice? Well, think of it while you splash your face with the coldest water possible. You can also place two teaspoons in the freezer before you go to bed at night and place them on your eyelids when you wake up the next morning. Have a cold shower in the morning to get your blood, muscles and nerves moving fast.
- If your skin looks dull wipe milk and ice cubes on your face with a facecloth. The coldness of the ice and the ph of the milk will liven up your skin, leaving it looking radiant.
- Another great song to wake up to is “I like to move it, move it” While you are listening to the song start moving! Get the bones, muscles and blood shaking and grooving. This tells your brain that you are awake and raring to go. You can always buy yourself an exercise DVD and follow a more structured routine in the morning.
- Be generous with the moisturizer as that will conceal any wrinkles and help your skin to retain water. Try Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer - it's full of nature's goodness!
- Get rid of puffy eyes by using an eye treatment that contains caffeine as the diuretic effect applies here too. Place the treatment in the fridge beforehand as the coldness will get rid of the puffiness quicker. Be liberal with the concealer around the eyes if you still have black rings showing.
It’s All About the Accessories
- Wear colors that suit your skin tone. Warm toned people should wear ivory, dark green, orange toned red, brown, orange or yellow. These earth tones will suit you perfectly and help to deflect how you are feeling on the inside. If you are cool toned then look to white, blue based red, magenta, blue-greens, purple, pink and various shades of blue.
- Earrings with soft colored stones will deflect people away from your tired eyes. These colors include amethyst, turquoise, emerald or mint.
Final Touches to Your Face
- Counter your red bloodshot eyes with some green-yellow eyeliner.
- Never leave home without your eyelash curler. Curled eyelashes is a sure way to spruce up your eyes and make you look like you mean business.
- Counter the effects of coffee on your teeth and breath with mints and whitening strips.Coffee does definately get the brain going in the morning but it does leave your teeth looking lifeless and is not kind to your breath. Add some pink lipstick or lip gloss and you are good to go!
Finally, don’t forget the shades, this will hide how you are feeling at least until you are in the office and ready to make that killer presentation!
Like this tutorial? Be sure to share it with all your friends and leave us a comment below!