CoQ10: The REAL Fountain of Youth
Most people have heard about vitamins A,C,D,E and of course vitamin B, but what about vitamin Q? Vitamin Q is otherwise known as CoQ10 or coenzyme Q10 and it is synthesized by the body. CoQ10 is instrumental in transporting energy to the cells in your body and it acts as an incredibly powerful antioxidant. This makes CoQ10 an invaluable substance as it helps to fight free radicals that cause you to look older before your time.
While your body can produce this miracle vitamin, the ageing process, certain medicines and stress can interfere with your body’s ability to produce CoQ10. Scientists conducted tests on rats and the results were that the rats which were fed CoQ10 lived longer than the placebo group. Such tests have not been conducted on human beings, however it has been proven to help people with certain medical conditions.
CoQ10 Can Help Your Skin look Younger
As you get older, your skin will start to sag, become thinner and lose much of its elasticity. This will happen quicker if you have spent lots of time in the sun without any protection. Thankfully there are quality skin care products out there that contain CoQ10 which will help retard your skin’s ageing process.
Other Beautiful Advantages of Using CoQ10
- As mentioned earlier, CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant and with regular use, you can slow down the ageing process of your skin. It fights against the results of stress, UV exposure, stress and exposure to
- As you age, your body produces less collagen which helps to keep your skin smooth and supple. CoQ10 helps to produce collagen. Lack of collagen leads to the appearance of leathery skin and wrinkles.
- CoQ10 stimulates the cells in your skin and this is helpful as active skin cells get rid of toxins quicker. Healthy skin cells also help your body to better absorb nutrients.
- CoQ10 fights against photo ageing which comes about as a result of excessive exposure to the sun.
- CoQ10 also energizes your skin, young people have energetic skin hence they look young and their skin is great (in most cases).
CoQ10 Has Health Benefits Too
CoQ10 can be used orally to assist with hypertension and certain heart conditions. It helps people with atherosclerosis as it reduces the amount of oxidised fats in the body. It improves heart rhythm which in turn lowers the incidence of angina and increases exercise tolerance in heart patients. Tests conducted on animals have revealed that hypertension levels improved and that it actually reversed damage to the myocardium.
CoQ10 Promotes Good Brain Health
Once you hit 20 years old, your levels of CoQ10 begin to decline. CoQ10 levels have been found especially low in patients with neuro-degenerative disease and strokes. It therefore makes sense for patients suffering from these conditions to increase their CoQ10 levels. Scientists have conducted studies on animals with the Huntingdon Chorea gene and discovered that the animals which were fed CoQ10 had fewer brain lesions than those animals who did not receive CoQ10.
Manage Your Weight Better With CoQ10
As mentioned earlier, CoQ10 helps to energize your cells. Cells with reduced energy can lead to a slower metabolism which causes weight gain. Research has shown that subjects with lower levels of CoQ10 are more prone to weight gain. Here are some foods that contain significant levels of CoQ10:
- Chicken and beef are rich in CoQ10. A piece of steak the size of a pack of playing cards will supply you with 2.6 milligrams of CoQ10. If you eat a piece of chicken the same size as this you will get about 1.3milligrams of CoQ10.
- Cold water fatty fish such as herring, tuna and salmon also contain the same amount of CoQ10 if you eat the same sized portions as steak or chicken. The more fatty the fish, the higher the levels of CoQ10.
- Oily fish like mackerel, sardines and tuna also contain CoQ10. Cooking the fish does reduce the levels of CoQ10 and that is why some people opt to eat the fish raw to get the maximum value possible.
- Whole grains, broccoli, spinach, soybeans, peanuts and walnuts are also great sources of CoQ10.
There is no doubt that using CoQ10 topically and taking oral softgel CoQ10 caps is beneficial to for your health. If you are serious about your health and your skin you will start using CoQ10 based creams to care for your skin.
Share with your friends!