How To Shape Your Eyebrows
Believe it or not, how you shape your eyebrows affects the appearance of your facial shape. It’s therefore important to shape your eyebrows properly if you wish to accentuate your God given beauty. Shaping your eyebrows properly will help to frame your eyes, balance your features and flatter your facial shape type. The nice thing about paying attention to your eyebrows is that you can accentuate your beauty with minimal effort and cost. It could be the best investment that you could make in your beauty regime.
Identify Your Facial Shape
The first thing to do is to identify your facial shape. Thankfully, there are no good and bad facial shapes and there are options for your eyebrows no matter what type of facial shape you have. In the beauty industry it is generally accepted that there are six facial shapes and everyone fits into one or other of these shapes.
- Diamond shape: Ladies with this shape tend to have short foreheads, the face is most wide at the temple area and the face is angular and high. This facial shape is the least common of all facial shapes.
- Heart shape: This is oval in shape with the chin gravitating towards a point.
- Square shape: The jaw, cheeks and forehead are all square in shape. The jaw is the most accentuated of these features.
- Long shape: Face tapers narrowly to your chin. The jaw, cheek and forehead are roughly the same width.
- Round shape: Face is most wide at the cheeks. The length and width of the face are about the same in length.
- Oval shape: Chin is narrow, cheeks are prominent and the forehead is significantly wider than the chin.
By looking in the mirror, you should be able to determine which of the above facial shapes best suits your face shape. You can use a ruler to measure the various lengths and widths of your face to determine which facial shape you have.
Shaping Your Brows According To Your Face Shape
- If you have a diamond shape you should curve your brows to point to the top of your head. This will help to make your facial features softer. It will also give the appearance of your face looking less wide than it is. You can also shape your eyebrows round to make your face appear less wide. Round eyebrows also work nicely with ladies who have a round face shape.
- Angle your eyebrows in a similar way to the squared face shape. This will soften the accentuated square features if you have a square face shape. The eye pencil should be applied dark and thick in order to balance your jawline. You can also use a curved eyebrow shape with the square face as it will also soften the square shape of your face.
- Rounded eyebrows work for heart shaped faces. This can create an incredible heart shape within your heart shaped face. If you like the natural look go for a low round shape. If you wish create the illusion of a longer heart shaped face, you should create a high arched brow. This will add an element of softness to your heart shaped face.
- Create horizontal eyebrows to your long face so that it appears shorter. This will also help prevent the eyebrows from moving excessively on your face.
- Reduce the round appearance of your face by applying a high arched brow. Avoid round shaped brows as this only serves to accentuate the roundness of your face. A soft angled look is most popular as it softens the roundness quite nicely.
- A soft angled brow shape works nicely with an oval face shape. The shape of the eyebrows does not make the face look any more oval than it already is. Add gentle curves at the peak of the brow to accentuate the angled shape of the eyebrows.
Eyebrows & Make-Up
- Look for areas in your eyebrows that are slightly sparse and highlight these with your eyebrow pencil. If you have light hair you should use a pencil that is two shades darker than this. conversely, if you have dark hair, you should a pencil that is two shades lighter than your hair.
- Set your eyebrows with a clear gel as this will ensure that they stay in place throughout the day (or night). You can use clear mascara instead of gel as it will avoid smudging when you fill your eyebrows in.
Consistency is the key when it comes to maintaining beautiful eyebrows. This applies to all aspects of your beauty regime. Have fun and remember, there are no bad facial shapes, just bad eyebrow maintenance.
Like this tutorial? Be sure to share it with all your friends and leave us a comment below!