How To Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes
If you wake up in the morning looking like a raccoon, then it is time to do something about those dark rings and bags under your eyes. While dark rings under the eyes are not life threatening or indicative of a skin disease, they nevertheless don’t help you to look any more gorgeous. Men and women can suffer from dark rings under the eyes and the good news is that there are many ways to remove them. Dark rings and bags under the eyes can be treated in the same way and also arise in the same fashion.
It’s always advisable to understand how these conditions arise so that you can implement strategies to prevent them from happening in the future.
How Do You Get Dark Rings and Bags Under Your Eyes?
Believe it or not, genetics has a large role to play with bags under our eyes. If you have thin and fair skin under your eyes, it is safe to say that blood will accumulate under your eyes giving the appearance of bags and dark rings. This happens primarily due to poor circulation and lack of sleep. There are a number of other causes for bags under the eyes, namely:
- Poor diet
- Stress, both physical and mental
- Staring at s screen for long periods of time. Think of computer, TV and digital games.
- Crying for excessively long periods of time
- Dry skin
- Ageing, as you get older your body loses its elasticity and collagen and this causes the sagging effect under your eyes. Spending too much time in the sun can speed up this process as your skin becomes mottled and it loses collagen.
Conventional Methods Of Dealing With Bags Under Your Eyes
- If you have to remove bags from under your eyes quickly, you can apply some eye cream (or try baby-bum cream with zinc!) to the area and leave it to dry for five or so minutes. Thereafter, you should add some concealer that matches the tone of your skin.You should then add some powder to prevent the make-up from caking. Please note this is only a temporary quick fix and will not solve the problem in the long term. It’s better to deal with the bags holistically so that you get rid of the bags under your eyes permanently.
- Find a good collagen based cream and use it regularly. This will help to restore collagen to your skin thereby increasing its elasticity. Look for vitamin C enriched creams as this vitamin facilitates the production of collagen.Make sure you use sunscreen daily otherwise all of your efforts will go to nought.
- If the bags are due to allergies, buy a good antihistamine and take it as prescribed.
- If you have bags under your eyes due to vascular problems, you should sleep on an extra pillow as this will prevent the blood from congregating under your eyes. When you wake up in the morning apply a cold compress to the area as this will help to constrict the blood vessels. Caffeine containing eyes creams also help with constricting the blood vessels under your eyes. You should try to use eye creams that contain arnica and have strong anti inflammatory properties which will help you to reduce the formation of bags under your eyes.
- From a dietary perspective, you can increase blood flow by increasing your consumption of walnuts and salmon as both of these foods are super rich in omega-3 fatty acids. A tastier option might be dark rich chocolate, watch how much you consume though as you don’t want to replace the bags under your eyes with more bags above your belt line :-)
Holistic and Natural Options to Remove Bags Under Your Eyes
- Drink a mixture of salt, lemon juice, mint sprigs and tomato juice as this will help to improve circulation. You should drink this concoction at least twice weekly.
Apply a mixture of teaspoon of lemon juice and tomato juice to the area just below your eyes. Leave it on for about ten minutes then remove with clean lukewarm water. Do this two times a day for about a month for optimum results.
Sleep on your back, this will prevent the bags from forming under your eyes.
Soak cotton wool in rose water and apply to the affected area for about quarter of an hour. Rose water has awesome healing properties in it and is one of the best natural skin toners around. It’s great for soothing your eyes after a long and tiring day at work or in front of the computer.
Remove your make-up properly before retiring to bed. Leaving it on can cause your eyes to water which will result in puffy eyes when you wake up.
Chill four spoons in a dish of ice cold water then place the spoons over your eyes until the spoons become warm. Rotate the spoons in order to keep them cold.
Make potato juice poultices by grating some potato into a dish, thereafter soak some cotton wool in the juice and apply to the affected area. Do this for about fifteen minutes then clean the area with clean cold water. Applying potato skins to the area under your eyes will do the trick just as well.
Dip cotton wool into a mixture of water and vitamin E oil and apply the cotton wool to the skin under your eyes.
Apply tea bags to your eye area. Tea bags contain tannin and this can help with reducing puffiness under the eyes. Boil the tea bags and allow to cool. Once they are cool you can place a tea bag over each eye and leave for a while. You should notice some improvement once you remove the tea bags.
Try the cotton wool and milk remedy. If you suffer chronically from bags under the eyes, try soaking cotton wool in cold milk and place cotton wool over the puffy area. You need to do this regularly and for at least half an hour at a time.
Kick butts. Smoking cigarettes is bad for you on every level and it does not help your skin at all. Cigarettes weaken and dry the skin so if you do smoke, it is time to manifest that new years resolution and cease smoking.
Lemon juice wipes. Lemon juice contains vitamin C which is really beneficial for your skin. Soak cotton wool in the juice and apply to the affected area. If you skin starts to burn, stop this treatment right away and use one of the many other tried and proven methods.
Apply almond oil. Almond oil is awesome for tired and troubled skin. Apply some almond oil to the area below your eyes before retiring at night. Wash it off when you wake up with cold water.
Cucumber slices. Cucumbers are refreshing and soothing for your skin. They also contain properties that help to keep your skin light. Cut a few circular slices and place them in the fridge until they are cold, then place a slice on each eye and leave them on for about ten minutes or so.
Drink water. One of the causes of baggy eyes is water retention. You can fight against water retention by increasing your water intake. The water will help you to expunge excessive salt in your body which is responsible for water retention.
So there you have it, a myriad of ways to remove bags from under your eyes. Good health is best maintained holistically and by implementing the above mentioned strategies you will improve your health in other ways too.
Did you find this post informative? Be sure to share it with all your friends!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.