Sexy Eyes: High Impact Eye Make-Up DIY Tips
Your eyes are the windows to your soul and you want to make them look as beautiful as possible. We've collected some fantastic tips from top beauticians and make-up artists to bring you this post.
What Makes For Beautiful Eye Make-Up?
Whenever we see someone with expertly applied eye make-up, we are instantly drawn to them. However, you don't need to be an expert to apply beautiful eye make-up. Today we're going to talk about how you can keep your eyes looking big, bright and beautiful, with: perfectly shaped brows perfectly applied eyeliner perfectly shaded eye-shadow that stays on smudge-free mascara But first things first...
Eye Make-Up Application Basics
Part of applying perfect eye make-up, is knowing the basics of how to keep it in place. Here's a quick check-list:
- For puffy eyes, splash your eyes with cold water or apply a cold compress for 15 seconds on, and 15 seconds off.
- Always be gentle with the eye area, as it is the most delicate part of your skin.
- Don't rub! You can cleanse the area by gently blotting.
- Apply moisturizer and concealer to the eye area using gentle circular motions of your ring finger.
- Use a primer on the eyelids to help eyeshadow stay in place. Alternatively, you could use moisturizer and foundation to prime it.
- Open your eyes up by applying a gold or ivory eyeshadow just above your lashline and along the inner corners.
- Apply a powder shadow in the same shade, or a slightly darker shade over the eyeliner pencil.
- Only use mascara on the upper lashes. Applying mascara on the lower lashes casts shades, making you look older.
- Use a brown mascara during the day for a softer look.
In the video below, celebrity makeup artist and Lancome's Beauty at Every Age expert, Sandy Linter shows us how to create bright, sexy eyes.
Like this tutorial? Be sure to share it with all your friends and leave us a comment below! Sign up for our newsletter to receive weekly beauty tips delivered right in your inbox.